August 11, 2010
Wednesday FoREMS: Sales and Marketing in the World of REMS This webinar will explore the possible role of sales and marketing in the design and implementation of REMS and other risk mitigation activities.
Wednesday FoREMS discussion
August 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Sales and Marketing in the World of REMS
The REMS planning process is cross-functional in nature and requires support of a broad array of internal expertise and capabilities. Inevitably, concerns arise regarding who is “appropriate” to involve in REMS planning. As illustration, here is a question posed by our guest speaker this month:
What are two offensive comments made in organizations relative to risk mitigation planning?
- “Sales and Marketing personnel are not interested in appropriate medication use or patient safety”
- “Pharmacovigilence personnel are not interested in corporate or product success”
This webinar will explore the possible role of sales and marketing in the design and implementation of REMS and other risk mitigation activities.
David McNinch, Vice President of Marketing and Managed Markets, Ipsen, US, will share his perspective and experience on the role of marketing in the risk management (REMS) design process. Key insights for marketers include:
- Being afraid and doing the bare minimum for REMS is short sighted and creates a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- There is a need to be active in the cross-functional dialogue of what pharmacovigilance is trying to achieve. Ensure you are engaged in helping them meet their objectives and make sure they are engaged in meeting marketing’s objectives.
- Take advantage of a chance to set a new standard in marketing and sales.
Jeff Fetterman, President of ParagonRx will moderate a discussion with David, posing questions and concerns that have been raised by individuals involved in risk management planning across many organizations.
To join us for this session, please register for the Wednesday FoREMS webinar series.
To speak to a ParagonRx team member about our monthly webinars
call 888.459.8080 or email email@example.com